Dosage Form: Capsules
Manufacturer: Eva Pharma
Fenofibrate (micronized)…………250 mg
Fenofibrate is a member of the fibrate group which is particularly effective in lowering elevated serum lipids by reducing the very low density lipoprotein fraction rich in triglycerides, serum cholesterol may also be reduced.
In addition, high density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations are generally elevated.
Fenofibrate is used in:
- Diabetic dyslipidemia
- Used as adjunct with diet control in the treatment of type IIa, type IIb, type III, type IV and V dyslipidemia
It is particularly useful in treatment of patients with a very high level of triglycerides and who have not responded adequately to diet control alone and are at risk of pancreatitis.
Use of Finorate Retard is contraindicated in:
- Patients with a known hypersensitivity to fibric acid derivatives
- Patients with liver, gall bladder or severe kidney disease
The following interactions have been recorded:
- In patients who are taking oral anticoagulants, the dose of the anticoagulant should be reduced by about one-third when treatment with Finorate Retard is started, and then adjusted gradually under medical supervision
- Should not be taken with HMG-CoA reduced inhibitors.
Mild GIT disturbances, may cause muscle weakness and skin rashes.
Dosage and Administration:
The following is generally recommended:
- One capsule daily to be taken with the principal meal
Pregnancy and Lactation:
Finorate Retard should only be used when clearly needed during pregnancy, and it is not to be used during lactation.
Pack of 1 strip of 10 capsules each.
Store at room temperature, below 25°C.