Class: Gastrointestinal System
Dosage Form: Syrup
Stock: Out of Stock
Manufacturer: Eva Pharma
Each 5 ml contains:
Diloxanide furoate………………………….100 mg
Metronidazole (as benzoate)……………200 mg
Dimetrol is indicated in:
- Acute and chronic intestinal amoebiasis
- Hepatic amoebiasis
- Intestinal lambliasis and giardiasis
- Vaginal trichomoniasis
Dimetrol is contraindicated in:
- Hypersensitive patients
In hypersensitive people mild gastric upset may occur, as well as, flatulence.
Dosage and Administration:
The following is generally recommended:
- Children 2-5 years: ½ – 1 teaspoonful ( 2.5 – 5 ml ) 3 times daily
- Children 6-10 years: 2 teaspoonfuls ( 10 ml ) 3 times daily
- Children 11-12 years: 1 tablespoonful ( 15 ml ) 3 times daily
Duration of treatment is for 5 to 10 days & the course of treatment may be repeated if necessary. Shake well before use.
Pregnancy and Lactation:
Use of Dimetrol should be avoided during pregnancy.
Bottle of 100 ml suspension.
Store at room temperature, below 25°C.